wild | liberating | love
mama goddesses and baby gurus
We practice: at the sacred Yerrama Yoga Sanctuary, sipping hot tea and raw stories in a circle of love. We sing and chant and howl and laugh. We learn to breathe, stretch and strengthen in our minds, bodies and spirits as we adapt our practice to an expansive phase of life. We dance to the beats of our happy goddess hearts so that baby can dance joyfully too.
We teach: by example, by living at the level of our highest self. We hold space for the sweetness of pregnancy, honouring the sacred mama-baby bond. We explore the innate wisdom of babies and ways to aid in a conscious new generation. We rise to the challenging of a fiercely empowering practice — no sitting around and waiting for these badass goddesses!
We love: our fierce mamas, our sacred sisterhood, the innocent wonder of a newborn child, the drumbeats, the bass, the booty-shaking madness, the celebration of the feminine, the intuitive genius of your body, the healing circles, yoga storytime, inviting in the goddesses of birth, the beautiful artistic nature of mandalas, the power of a conscious tribe.
It is a great honour to hold space for a woman in her journey through motherhood. We know the beauty of a sacred mama-baby bond, a conscious pregnancy and a loving tribe. In the past, children were raised collectively by an entire village, and pregnant women were seen and supported by the whole tribe. Our vision is to bring collective awareness to the joy and importance of the entire birthing cycle, re-birthing the circle of celebration.
- sacred journeying into a truly feminine way of living
- re-awakening the wild, primal, and joyous states of being
- honouring the consciousness of babies and deepening the sacred mama-baby bond
- empowering the Goddess through ritual, feminine cycles and elements of nature
- understanding the key postures to support pregnancy, along with the modifications, contraindications and sequencing of poses
- using specific pranayama and breathing techniques to aid in pregnancy
- working with music, meditation, mudras, mantras and affirmations during pregnancy
- studying the physiological effects of pregnancy in the body and the physiology of childbirth
- studying emotional and pranic anatomy in relation to the birthing cycle
- studying yogic philosophy in relation to the shakti (feminine) power
- learning how to honour, support and celebrate pregnant women both on and off the mat
This training is open to all, whether for personal study and healing or as part of our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Track to become a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 500-hour level.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Students (must already be a RYT 200): Upon completion of this module, you will receive 85 hours towards your Advanced Yoga Teacher Training certification with Sufey Yoga. This course can also be applied towards Continuing Education Units with Yoga Alliance.
Sufey Chen is wildly devoted to the Divine. Through art, chanting, drumbeats, music, earth mama, live foods, rituals and sacred community, she cultivates a safe and liberating space for all walks of people to find and explore their true calling. An eclectic background of biomedical sciences at the University of Northern British Columbia and theatre/ art exploration at New Mexico State University complements her time with master yogis around the world. She started University at 15, travelling for years to lecture and teach across Asia and North America. With 10+ years of teaching experience in movement, music and communication, she is known for her loving, energizing and refreshingly honest presence. In class, she channels an inspired mix of poetry, philosophy, power and play with a deep reverence for her teachers and devotion towards her students.
October 20th to October 30th, 2016
8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily
All classes take place at Yerrama Yoga Studio in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
219A 21st St E, Saskatoon
To be first to know about our upcoming trainings, please sign up for our e-newsletter here.
85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Tuition:
Tuition includes 85 hours of training in a registered Yoga Alliance prenatal yoga teacher training program.
Refund Policy: If written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 60+ days prior to the program start date, 100% of tuition received can be credited towards a future program taken within one (1) year of the original start date.
- Between 30-60 days of the program start date, 50% of tuition received can be credited towards a future program taken within one (1) year of the original start date.
- Between 0-30 days prior to the program start date, no refunds are applicable.